CT-User

[ct-user] New CT user - doesn't work with FT-1000D

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] New CT user - doesn't work with FT-1000D
From: Robert Naumann <n5nj@gte.net> (Robert Naumann)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:52:11 -0500 (EST)
Klein,

This is a unique problem to the Thinkpad 600.  I have one and both love it
and hate it.

There are what are known as "PS2 commands" in the Thinkpad 600.

You can read about them in the Thinkpad 600 User Guide.

To see the description of these commands from the DOS prompt,

type:

PS2 ? SERA

PS2 ? SE

The two commands you need to issue at a DOS prompt are:

PS2 SERA E
PS2 SE ON

This will enable the serial port to work as COM1 and will actually turn it
on.

GL es 73!

Bob N5NJ