CT-User

[ct-user] Re: Cabrillo file

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: Cabrillo file
From: Richard & Martha Wilder <wilder@abs.net> (Richard & Martha Wilder)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:23:59 -0500 (EST)

On 29 Nov 2000, Mike Gilmer - N2MG wrote:
> It* should be there, called <yourcall>.txt (e.g., K1AM.TXT)
> regardless what you named your .bin file.
> 73 Mike N2MG
*The Cabrillo file

It appears that the League wants <call>.LOG not <call>.TXT.
The general rules (QST Nov 00 p.94 para 4.4.2) says "Electronic
files must be names with the operator's call sign and the file
extension .log."     (As an aside, I don't think they want the
operator's call sign but really want the station call sign.)

Also, I see that
     http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/qso-template.html
says "Sweepstakes precedence: A, B, or Q"
This, of course, is old information.  I wonder if other stuff
on www.kkn.net is current.

I notice that CT 9.53 left justifies the QSO number while
the template right justifies.  (Probably OK if the software
that reads it is smart enough.)

I notice that CT 9.53 did not put in a SOAPBOX: line in the
Cabrillo format.  The "musings" on kkn.net notes that SOAPBOX:
is required even if nothing is entered after the ":" .

Then there is the ON/OFF required in a SOAPBOX:.  This was
already beat to death ... I understand that this is no longer
required (though I put it in).  If so, then general rule 4.10
published in November QST is already outdated.

I hope the League gives us a bit of slack while all this
stuff stabilizes.  I certainly think that the Cabrillo format
concept was overdue and should facilitate contest reporting.

73, Dick Wilder, K3DI