CT-User

[ct-user] win 2000 tips???

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] win 2000 tips???
From: jallen@vhfcom.com (John Allen)
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 12:10:18 -0400
Windows 2000 can be installed to dual boot with other operating systems,
including real DOS Version 6.22 or Win 98
It is easier to do this when you first install DOS or 98 and then Win 2000,
but it can be done after Win 2K is there.

A web page that explains how to do this is
http://www.signalogic.com/tech_support/dualboot.htm

Several other similar pages can be found with a www.google.com search.

Note that if both OS's are running on the same disk partition  (Drive
Letter), then the lowest common denominator file system must be used - ie;
2K and 98 - FAT32 file system
2K and DOS 6.22 - FAT File system
File systems other than NTFS have limitations on partition size and other
issues.
A discussion of limitations of FAT32 is at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q184/0/06.ASP

I hope this helps.

John K1AE