CT-User

[ct-user] Let's talk about CT networking

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Let's talk about CT networking
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:32:50 +0000
Ciprian Sufitchi wrote:
> Let's suppose the connection is broken, not because of radio, but one
> computer crashes. The second node is not informed, of course. I reboot
> the broken computer, I start all application required etc. Now I want to
> connect to the alive computer to restore the link and the database,
> without needing to exit from CT and enter again, because this is time
> consumption.
> How to do this?

the database is not shared across the ct network, each machine has its own
copy.  if you need to update the log file on the machine that crashed you will
have to copy it from the other machine then change any settings when you restart
ct.  don't forget to change station numbers or it will really get confused.  the
easiest thing unless you really need to have both machines in sync on all bands
is to just continue logging on the crashed machine and merge the log files after
the contest.

> Other questions:
> - networking is available only for multi-multi?

no, any mode can use network

> - from setup screens, stations must select *different* numbers, or the
> same?

different

> - how many stations may be connected in a TNC network at the same time?

at least 12, i think the limit is 16.

--
David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@arrl.net