CT-User

[ct-user] CT and M/2 in CQWW

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and M/2 in CQWW
From: n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 06:04:29 -0500
Aha!  I was caught by the perpetual 'station number misunderstanding' again!

Nonetheless, it works properly.

To change which station the QSO's will be logged as, use Alt-Y, or the RUN1
& RUN2 commands to toggle.

The "Stn #" displayed above the logging area indicates which "station #"
that computer is for CT networking purposes.

In the summary window, when it says "Station 1" this means it will be
logging as RUN1.  When it says "Station 2", it will be logging as RUN2.

These terminologies need to be changed to be clearer.

I would suggest that CT be changed to use:

CPU # instead of 'Stn #'  (network number)

Logging # (or simply RUN #) instead of 'Station #'  (logging number)

Radio A/B instead of Radio 1/2  (and again, have this completely disabled
unless there are two radios defined)

Or something better that accomplishes the same thing and clears this
confusion.

N5NJ

P.S.  No comment on the 10 minute rule issue.