CT-User

[ct-user] Paddle intout to the computer

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Paddle intout to the computer
From: k2kir at telenet.net (Bud Hippisley, K2KIR)
Date: Mon Mar 17 10:05:33 2003
At 11:48 AM 2003-03-16, OK1RI wrote:
>Hi Ken,
>
>it would be very good, and the speed should be the same in order to transmit
>the same as from the computer.
>It is the main reason why it would be.

I often _deliberately_ set the external keyer speed to be slower than the CT
keying speed for those situations when the other station is having trouble
correctly receiving my call or exchange.  I use a combination of sending slowly
and exaggerated spacing -- something I find much easier to do in the middle of
the night with the external paddle than with the keyboard.  So I certainly
would like to see a "speed slave" software switch.

And while you're at it, Ken, how about at least one NON-iambic mode (Ultimatic,
dash-override, K2POO, e.g.) for the keyer?

Bud, K2KIR