CT-User

[ct-user] The last word on NA.DAT (maybe)

To: CT-User@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] The last word on NA.DAT (maybe)
From: "Ken Wolff" <ken@k1ea.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:45:46 -0500
Unlike TR and NA I'm defining 13 Canadian multipliers corresponding to the
Canadian Provinces. I'm using the official Canadian postal abbreviations,
Labrador and Newfoundland are one mult, abbreviation NL.

Alberta AB
British Columbia BC
Manitoba MB
New Brunswick NB
Newfoundland and Labrador NL
Northwest Territories NT
Nova Scotia NS
Nunavut NU
Ontario ON
Prince Edward Island PE
Quebec QC
Saskatchewan SK
Yukon YT

I am also allowing aliases, as CT has always done. DEL means DE, PEI means PE.
If CT can't come up with a state or province based on the typed input, you
can't log it. As a service to the operator, I am allowing the Canadian prefix
in the state/province field because the prefix usually determines the province:

NL:         NL, NF, LB, LAB, VO1, VO2;  VE_1
NS:         NS,              VE1;       VE_1
QC:         QC, PQ, QU,      VE2;       VE_1
ON:         ON, ONT,         VE3;       VE_1
MB:         MB, MAN,         VE4;       VE_1
SK:         SK, SA,          VE5;       VE_1
AB:         AB, ALT, ALB,    VE6;       VE_1
BC:         BC,              VE7;       VE_2
NT:         NT, NWT,         VE8;       VE_2
NB:         NB,              VE9;       VE_2
NU:         NU, NUN,         VY0;       VE_2
YT:         YT, YUK,         VY1;       VE_2
PE:         PE, PEI,         VY2;       VE_2

As a service to the log checkers, I am converting the aliases to the correct
abbreviations when building the Cabrillo file. PAC becomes HI, LAB becomes NL
and so on. Some may complain that the Cabrillo file doesn't contain the data
actually copied, just the "corrected" data. Sorry.

I will upload the very latest CT for NAQP in a few hours after I have had more
time to play with it. GL this weekend and enjoy the contest.

73, Ken