CT-User

Re: [ct-user] help with cabrillo

To: k1ep@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [ct-user] help with cabrillo
From: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:19:31 -0700
I have the basic CT file folder with all the CT required stuff. I give each contest/DXpedition it's own name when I first start it up such as ARRL85, WPX01, CQWWDX03, etc, so it will have its own .bin file. The only problem is when I do the WRITELOG at the end of a contest/DX trip all the files generated by WRITELOG are placed in the basic CT folder. I then sort the folder by time/date which results in the files generated by WRITELOG all lumped together. I also have a sub-folder file inside the CT folder I have named CONTESTS. After each contest I then make a new folder and give the new folder the name of the contest. I then move all the files I just generated using WRITELOG and now bunched together into the contest sub-folder. That way my cabrillo file for that contest doesn't get overwritten by the next contest. For the next contest I can just use the CT.exe as normal and all my .cfg and batch files are there and are used.
I guess I must have over 100 separate contest folders inside the CT/CONTEST sub folder. If I ever get everything transferred over to DX4WIN then I guess I can get rid of them but for now I am keeping them. I also save them all (C:CT\CONTESTS\*.*) onto a CD from time to time for safety.
Works for me.............
73