CT-User

Re: [ct-user] IARU Contest log bug

To: Steve Hanlon <asciibaron@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] IARU Contest log bug
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:06:13 -0700
Just had another gentleman ask me why I didn't use ver 10.02.008.  Told him I
had not been able to get it to work for me when I tried it when it first came
out.  Even though I am using a modern PC it would hang up on me.  His question
prompted me to try to troubleshoot 10.02.008 some more and tell him what
problems I was having.  I started off with a fresh download of 10.02.008 and
found it was working for me now and it did not have the IARU Test DUPE problem
as in 9.92.001.  So I guess problem solved for me as I will now be using
10.02.008 in future contests but the problem is still there for people using
ver 9.
73

Steve Hanlon wrote:

> Alan Zack wrote:
>
>> Wonder if anyone else noted this using CTWin 9.92.001 during this
>> weekend's IARU Contest.
>> CTWin was used for logging only, no network, PACKET, rig control, etc.
>> Problem seen was when logging contacts every new good contact was
>> noted as *NEEDED MULT*, regardless if it was a new mult or not.  But
>> more serious, there is no warning if a DUPE is to be logged.  You type
>> in the call, hit TAB or SPACE BAR, but no DUPE message is shown.  You
>> only know it is a DUPE after you hit enter.  I used the CHECK PARTIAL
>> function to check for DUPES.  Check Partial was the only indication
>> that a DUPE was about to be logged.  I tried it on two different PC's,
>> same problem.  It is not a problem with logging the CQWWDX, ARRLDX, or
>> WPX, only with IARU.
>>

> i use CTWin 10.02.008 - downloaded and setup on friday night - noticed
> all as needed mult, but dupes was working correctly.  i spent the bulk
> of my time running on 20m and it didn't matter if i needed them or not,
> i just worked them all the same ;)
>
> -steve

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired