CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CT-SETUP PROBLEM

To: CT-User <ct-user@contesting.com>, rtnmi@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT-SETUP PROBLEM
From: Hank Kohl K8DD <k8dd@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:12:07 -0400

KE5CTY Bob wrote:

>Three questions:
>
>1) I am only used to using Win32 GUI and am getting
>familiar with how to do the menus ect. Is there available
>one of those "KEYBOARD CHEAT SHEETS" we used to use years
>ago that I can print out and attach to my keyboard until I
>memorize the control keys?

W7NN sells them ..... http://www.hamstuff.com/Overlays/overlay.htm
But they may not be totally up to date.  Better to use the help file and
make one.

>2) I own an Icom 728 (address=38) and am using the CT-17
>controller. The issue I am running into is I don't see the
>728 in the setup list. Did I not download everything or do
>I somehow have to make one?

Can you change the address in the IC-728?
If you can, change it to IC 725 or IC 735 and select the proper radio.
The address's are located at  http://www.k1ea.com/hints/radio.htm
I'd suspect one of them may work.

>3) Is there a PDF manual available for CT-WIN I can
>download and study?

Look at www.k1ea.com/download
For a kinda more updated manual http://www.qsl.net/k8dd/ctman/
I started to copy updated screen shots into the old manual, but lost
interest a couple years ago.  But either one coupled with the  CT
Manual update http://www.k1ea.com/CT_additions.htm would be
good.

73    Hank    K8DD

--
'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you
with experience.'    -anon