CT-User

Re: [ct-user] How do send CW to an Orion?

To: "Vesselin Kotarov" <V.Kotarov@cnsys.bg>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] How do send CW to an Orion?
From: Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 06:21:16 -0500
At 12/6/2005 02:14 AM, Vesselin Kotarov wrote:
>Wouldn't it be easier to use the builtin CT keyer? By doing that you are
>always sure that the speed of you keyer and computer is the same. Also
>the CT keyer supports Iambic A and B - very useful for Multi-Op
>stations.

Many times you want the paddles to be a slower speed so that you can repeat
something for a fill.  In the ideal case, you might have two sets of paddles,
one at your contest speed and one at a slower speed.   I have found that the CT
keyer is not that smooth, but very handy when you are traveling and need to
conserve on equipment.