CT-User

Re: [ct-user] How do send CW to an Orion?

To: ct-user@contesting.com, Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] How do send CW to an Orion?
From: Joe Wilkowski <k8fc@k8fc.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:40:33 -0700
I wish these other postings had been in my box to begin with, as I probably
would not have given my two cents worth on the keying jack.  In any event, I
have to wholeheartedly agree with Bill's message below.  The internal keyer
in the MP is a bit awkward to use and the small knob pot seems to be
logarithmic and not linear so small increments translate to large jumps.  In
any event, an external keyer (any of dozens) connected in parallel as
mentioned earlier, provide much more convenience and functionality than the
internal keyer.  I leave a paddle hooked up to the ring,tip and sleeve
because it provides a handy way to key the rig for tuning purposes when the
internal keyer is not selected.

/joe