CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CT & XP

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT & XP
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:08:04 -0800 (PST)
--- Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net> wrote:

> Since you already have a FAT32 partition, you can very easily
> install DOS and a small program to allow your computer to boot
> straight to DOS on that partition or WindowsXP.

I have started playing with FreeDOS and you an install that along side Windows
XP, on the same partition!  With the correct BOOT.INI, you can select between
FreeDOS and Windows XP.  The downside is that it must be a FAT32 partition
(FreeDOS does not support NTFS), which is not as efficient using disk space,
and is more prone to fragmentation.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us