CT-User

[ct-user] Strange thing happening on a hub

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Strange thing happening on a hub
From: dave@ka1n.cn
Date: 30 Aug 2007 15:09:55 -0000
This might be a hardware problem, but maybe someone here has seen it has a
software problem.  I am running (or trying to run) NETTSR on five TP 770s, with
3C589D PCMCIA cards.  I can get two computers to talk to each other via a
cross-over cable.  But, when I plug them into a hub with a patch cable, I get
results like this:

Computer one can broadcast and receive from all computers.
Computer two can only communicate with computer one.
Computer three can communicate with computer one
Computer four can communicate with computer one
etc.

All the computers have different "IP addresses."  I am using the EN106TP hub.
I have tried hooking up one computer via a cross-over cable to the hub, and
switching one port to ?uplink? (same result.)

Any ideas (besides simply getting another hub)?

Thanks,
73,
 Dave/KA1NCN
Dave@KA1N.CN