CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CTWin question

To: Don Richards <donsay2@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CTWin question
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
--- Don Richards <donsay2@cox.net> wrote:

> I used CT Win version 10.03.002 in SINGLE OP status and was surprised
> with "happenings" in this past CQ WW DX SSB Contest.   Perhaps I have
> been "asleep" as to recent events but, after entering a call letter in
> the log, the zone for that station was automatically supplied (and it
> could be correct or incorrect).  As I recall, when using older versions
> of CT Win, I had to listen and type in the zone as it was given to me by
> the other station.

CT has worked the same way since day 1 (or day 2).

If you type in a call and hit ENTER, CT will fill in the zone automatically.

If you have worked the station before, CT will fill in the zone from the
previous QSO when you hit SPACE, tab into the ZONE field, or ENTER.

I personally never use the tab key.  I enter the call and hit space (this also
does a dupe check).  If the zone is wrong, change it.  If it's empty, copy what
you are sent.  If you're lazy, just hit ENTER and the zone *might* be wrong
(especially if you worked someone in AL, KY, TN, WV or WY).

When the contest is over, look at the <yourlog>.ZON file to see how many errors
CT thinks you had.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us