CT-User

Re: [ct-user] TSR Help needed for CT 10 user

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] TSR Help needed for CT 10 user
From: "AK" <K4YKZ@ARRL.NET>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:23:24 -0500
From: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
To: "'AK'" <K4YKZ@ARRL.NET>; <ct-user@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:08 AM

> Here's a note from N5IN back in Y2K:
>
>> Immediately
>> after COMTSR for COM1 starts the radio goes into key down mode.  And it
>> stays in key down mode until CT loads, starts, gets to the final
>> screen--then you must hit one of the CW function keys to send something.
>> Only then does the key down condition clear.
>
> So, it seems that you can wait until CT loads fully, then press an F-Key
> and
> it should clear out.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob W5OV

RE: Serial port 1 DTR locks on after CT starts up.

Hello Bob - Indeed, the F-key operation stops turns off the start-up
CW key-on bug when I go into CW contest mode using CT10.

That little bug is only a problem if I have my amplifier on and my antenna
switch off at start-up CT. HI HI
(not so funny when the amp arc's and the shorting switch smokes)

I use serial port 2 for my CW keying, and port 1 for my CIV (radio) and
PTT control.

I don't use the PTT control (DTR signal) with CT, but I do use it with other
programs.

My radio PTT relay control (for DigiPan & MixW operation) works off of the
DTR signal that goes on and stays on when the CT program begins to run (SSB
or CW). I have a connector I can pull off when I go to the other programs,
but it's a nuisance.

The F keys in CT have no effect on this problem.  I have no idea why the CT
program would change the power-on setting of the DTR signal, which returns
to the off state when I exit the CT program.

It appears to be some CT initialization thing; I would think that the proper
TSR command could change that.

73, Andy K4YKZ