CT-User

Re: [ct-user] trunc bi.exe and QSO B4

To: pfizenmayer <pfizenmayer@qwest.net>, "CT Reflector" <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] trunc bi.exe and QSO B4
From: "Bob Wilson, N6TV" <n6tv@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:37:41 -0800
On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 7:20 PM, pfizenmayer <pfizenmayer@qwest.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know if this utility "trunc bi.exe" can be used to remove
> contacts from CT10.03.002 DOS versions ?

For CT version 10 use *trunc_bin.exe* rather than trunc_bi.exe.  You can
find it in the *ct_tools.zip* file which you can download from the CT 10
Support files page <http://www.k1ea.com/ct10/index.htm>.

Also I was playing with ARRL DX CW and don't seem to be able to get CT to
> send a  QSO B4 message with a dupe entered or get the beep with a dupe.
> Space bar brings up the dupe line under the fields OK.

Type NOWORKDUPE [Enter] if you don't want to work dupes.  Press [Shift-F9]
to program the QSO B4 message that will be sent to dupes when you press
[Insert]

> And my old manual says when I enter a dupe in S&P and press F4 to send my
> call - it should inhibit sending my call - but does not do so.

According to Release10.txt <http://www.k1ea.com/download/release10.txt>:

10.00.004 - 30 Jan 2004

* New command line switch for K5KA (-KA)
  When this switch is turned on the F4 will not send your call if the call
in
  the callsign field is a dupe. Instead a dupe message comes up.

So you have to do

CT -KA filename

or
CTWin -KA filename