CT-User

[ct-user] Booting Directly Into DOS with WIN95 OS

To: CT <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Booting Directly Into DOS with WIN95 OS
From: "Dennis Vernacchia" <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:33:51 -0800
Now that I got my WIN98SE OS laptop to boot directly into DOS
without loading any Windows Drivers by changing GUI=1 to GUI-0
in Root Directory in the MSDOS.SYS file, I am not having any luck getting
my Toshiba Libretto CT 50 Mini Laptop to boot directly into DOS
by changing te same file

Yes, I did make sure to change the properties on the MSDOS.SYS file
on the WIN95 machine !

I know there is another MSDOS.SYS file in C:\Windows directory but changing
that one
does not help

I looked at Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files and there are no statements
there that would
cause WIN95 machine to boot directly into Windows upon bootup.

Anyone run into this anomoly before with WIN95 ?

73, Dennis N6KI