CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Radio Interface with a laptop

To: Al - N1API <n1api@cox.net>, CT Contest Program Discussion List <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Radio Interface with a laptop
From: Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:56:40 -0500
At 1/17/2009 09:42 AM, Al - N1API wrote:
>Can anyone tell me how to key both CW and also interface a radio with a
>laptop that has only USB ports?

USB use usually implies running Windows (as opposed to
DOS).  Therefore, you will be running WinCT.  WinCT does not do
serial CW keying.  Therefore, you will need at least two USB
interfaces, if you don't go the third party route.  As others have
mentioned, companies like Microham make a USB box that will handle
everything.  You can also use USB to LPT and USB to serial adapters
to use the "traditional" interfaces.