RE: [Karlnet] ISP Base and back haul questions

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] ISP Base and back haul questions
From: "Charles Chia Sheng Wu" <cwu@cwlab.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 10:38:25 -0500
>Aren't there functional differences between the ISP Base software and the
>Satellite?  I want all the routing and RADIUS stuff on all of my APs.

yes, but the ISP Base can be set to Satellite mode
Routing is supported by BOTH ISP Bases & Satellites

RADIUS is a completely separate module built into the ISP Base .bin - if you
have an ISP Base, and set it to Satellite mode, you still have the ability
to use the RADIUS module - does that make sense?

>I want to route as much as possible (as opposed to bridge) to keep the
>performance as high as I can (and kill the broadcast demon).

that's good

>And yeah, just
>getting started out, so I plan on making the back hauls dedicated LATER
>(when $$ starts coming in).

-Charles