[Karlnet] AP-1000 & 200mw

To: <Agere@part-15.org>, <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] AP-1000 & 200mw
From: "Bill Fisher" <fisher@akorn.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:51:25 -0400
I got 2 200mw cards in today to test.  I have successfully installed them in
a AP-1000 after disabling WEP on each port and enabling TurboCell on each
port.

I currently only have one Lucent card, and I need two to test the receivers
in these cards.  I'll try to pick up another one or steal one from an A/P
somewhere else.... then I'll report back on the receivers.  Norm, are you
seeing lower S/N ratio with your cards or just lower signal?  In the world
of receivers, there can be very drastic differences in reported signal
levels but when you put a scope on it the actual signals are the same but
the signal sensing circuits are different.  What shouldn't change between
receivers is the S/N.  If it is the same, then don't worry about it.

I'm next going to power this AP1k with a Lucent POE, stick it in a drawer
with a heater stuck on 110 degrees and see if I can blow something up.  I'll
let you all know.

Bill