{SPAM?} RE: [Karlnet] Prism Card Compatibility With Karlnet

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: {SPAM?} RE: [Karlnet] Prism Card Compatibility With Karlnet
From: "Luis Sosa" <lsosa@satelistar.com.mx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:42:31 -0500
Hello

I did similar testing with NDIS driver and the SL-2011CD PLUS EXT2 (20 dbm)
card, apparently according to the TurboCell Client Manager the stations
firmware of the card is version 0.08 and if my memory is OK I belive
TurboCell needs version 6.08 at least to work.
By the way I used TurbCell XP driver for the Orinoco, even though it did not
recognized the card as an Orinoco I still installed the driver for the
SL-2011CD card, wich XP recognizes as 2Wire Wireless PC Card. (forced
install)
I tryied to use the WSU update utility for Orinoco (to stations firmware
6.08) on the SL-2011CD card, but it did not work.
I think karlnet should release an updated driver for this card to work with
NDIS (windows), but I´m not shure about Linux, anybody has similar
experience?

Luis Sosa
ITS