[Karlnet] Thunder Storms and equipment lockups or failure??

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Thunder Storms and equipment lockups or failure??
From: "Wireless Guy" <wirelessguy@natronics.net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 23:19:23 -0500
Has anyone got any stats on there network on how much equipment locks up or gets fried due to storms? Im located in tornado alley and storms this time of year happen all the time.
I was just curious how much equipment others might loss due to storm related problems. Or just the usual lockups from APs and other units used for PTP links?
It really sucks when you have a radio lock up and it is 30-50 miles away.
How do some of you remotely reboot your radios when you cant use the configurator to reboot them?
Any cool devices we haven't heard of yet?

Just curious

Nate