Re: [Karlnet] v4.02 w/ 200mw cards

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] v4.02 w/ 200mw cards
From: "Norm Young" <npyoung@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 19:36:08 -0700
Dan,

I saw something like this when I installed a PRISM II 100mW card in a AP-1000.   Seriously asymmetrical signal strengths.   For instance, the signal at the AP would say I was at -80dB, but the signal at the CPE would say -70dB, or higher.  Swapped the card into my PtP link, again using the AP, and everything was great.  Very strange.  It's been working really well for about a month now.

Now that I think about it, I seem to remember that Tony said that the AP needed to be booted once w/o the PRISM II card in it, then the card hot-slotted to make it work.  One of these days (soon), I'm going to try and swap that PRISM II card back into the PtMP slot and see if I see the same problem.

Please report what you find.

Hope the above rambling helps...

Norm