[Karlnet] Questions

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Questions
From: "Bill Fisher" <fisher@akorn.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:26:37 -0400
1) Will WEP be fixed soon for use with the Promix cards ?

2) If someone were able to monitor a frequency that we are using with
Turbocell, would they be able to determine the origin of the signal?  In
other words, does Turbocell send some kind of information in clear text
every now & then?

3) RIP -->  I am unfamiliar with RIP as we use OSPF on our network.
However, I believe I could enable RIP-2 for the wireless segment of my
network to avoid hard coding a bunch of static routes.  With this in mind,
since RIP-2 is a constant broadcast protocol, does it add much overhead to
the network?  Does anyone have any tips for me on implementing RIP-2 ?
Anything that was weird or whatever?

Thanks

Bill Fisher