Re: [Karlnet] Filtering GNUTela, Morpheus, Kazaa, etc

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Filtering GNUTela, Morpheus, Kazaa, etc
From: "hfl-lists" <hfl-lists@stormcrows.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:44:07 -0500
where do you want to filter them?  At the AP?  Router?

If you have a Cisco router at your edge I can tell you how to just pull down
their usage of bandwidth instead of blocking them entirely.  That way your
customers can still use these programs (and be happy) but you don't have to
bear the burden of supporting constant high bandwidth usage.

ports are tcp/6346, udp/6346, tcp/6699 & tcp/1214 I think.. don't remember
if that list includes morpheus (but doesn't it run on the same port as
Kazaa?).

just put in the prioritization code yesterday and have these set to LOW :)