Re: [Karlnet] Proxim Buys Agere's Wi-Fi Products lines including ORiNOCO

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Proxim Buys Agere's Wi-Fi Products lines including ORiNOCO
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@bextreme.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:31:50 -0500
From: Support
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 8:22 AM

It's too early to tell if this is good or bad.  We did know that the Wi-FI/Orinoco part of Agere was for sale or was going to be spun off from the other part of the company, so this wasn't a surprise (except the price of the deal).  Since we add software to the hardware I think the decision is neutral right now.  Proxim bought the AP business from Agere so I would expect they did that to manufacture the line.  If so it would be business as usual.

Doug Harman
KarlNet, Inc.
525 Metro Place North
Suite 100