[Karlnet] Bandwidth problems

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Bandwidth problems
From: "Travis Brown" <travis@netwaveva.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:01:16 -0400

I'm hoping I can get some really good and helpful suggestions on this one. It's killing me.

Here's the scoop:

Router --> link --> base --> customers

-Router represents my Cisco boundary router and T1's
-Link is a series of bridged RG-1000's running Karlnet 4.02
-Base is an AP-1000 running 4.02 as well
-Customers (about 35 of them) that are almost all RG-1000's running a mix of 3.88 and up

Ping the link: 10 ms
Ping the base: 20 ms
Ping a customer: 1000 - 3000 ms, throughput is garbage

Shut off certain customers and the speeds get better for a bit. I guarantee at 5 p.m. tonight, the problem goes away. It'll be back tomorrow. This started Friday, no significant changes to the network last week, but I've seen this problem before.

Odd side-effect: Unplug our Internet feed, the times all drop to 20-30 ms. Plug it back in, the pings slowly climb back to 1-3 sec.

I have three other bases that are not affected by this problem, all with less than 20 customers.

This is a super bad situation that I MUST get resolved or I'm toast. Thanks in advance for an help you can offer.

Travis
--
? M. Travis Brown, MCSE