[Karlnet] Multiple Wireless Interfaces with TurboCell

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] Multiple Wireless Interfaces with TurboCell
From: Roger Boggs <rogerboggs@att.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:50:54 -0400
Many moons ago, KarlNet supported as many as three wireless interfaces
in a box, in addition to the one wired ethernet interface.

With all the latest upgrades from Ver 3.xx to Ver 4.xx of KarlNet firmware, is this
multiple wireless interface functionality still supported?

In the later versions of 3.xx firmware, we found it to be a bit unstable, but times change
you know. I'm not talking about trying to do the full-duplex Perm thing with it - just having
multiple 2.4 GHz wireless interfaces in the same flashrom box. NOT the Outdoor Router
AP1000 conversion, mind you.

Homemade unit with Pentium mother board about 300MHz or better, a 10/100 etherNIC, and
a pair or three of Ricoh PCI/PCMCIA adapters with Orinoco Silver cards.

Previous experience has shown ethernet interfaces based on the Intel chipset to be far
more reliable than those with the RealTek chipset.

Works yeah, but reliably?

Charles? Tony? Kevin? Doug?

Does Karlnet sell ready-to-go boxes with multiple wireless interfaces in them?

Roger Boggs