[Karlnet] Karlnet Configurator 3.87.9 aborting upload.

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Karlnet Configurator 3.87.9 aborting upload.
From: "Patrick Vielle Calzada" <pvielle@reta.net.mx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:01:32 -0500
I have been getting this message once I try to upload karlnet SEC .bin to an
RG-1000:

"The remote bridge/router cannot be downgraded because it is configured to
use MAC Auth. Library. Aborting upload."

This is happening when I use the AP-500 winter 2002 versión of the Orinoco
software.

If I try to upload Karlnet SEC by using the forced reload mode, Karlnet
configuration program sends the following message:

"Signature of remote bridge is not recognized."

Now another parallel problem that I just got aware off is that a generated
Karlnet keys for the MAC on the wireless interface instead of MAC on the
Ethernet!

Can anyone help me on the first problem? Is it possible to regenerate I
key for the MAC of Ethernet Interface?

Patrick Vielle
Redes de Tecnologia Adecuada