RE: [Karlnet] Karlnet Configurator 3.87.9 aborting upload.

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Karlnet Configurator 3.87.9 aborting upload.
From: "Charles Chia Sheng Wu" <cwu@cwlab.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:02:22 -0500
in forced reload mode, you cannot log into the unit - you need to first open
the .bin file in your configurator, and upload it direct (w/out logging into
the unit)

so...here's the process

1. open configurat
2. under file menu, select open config file
3. find file of type .bin
4. import license key
5. now - WITHOUT MAKING ANY CHANGES, go under file, and select upload
software
6. do a scan...in forced reload, unit should have a 159.x.x.x IP address (or
something similar)
7. use the change IP command to change the unit's IP to something on your
subnet
8. hit ok, and using factory default password "public" perform the upload
9. select yes & yes (2 warning screens)
10. lights dance, software uploaded
11. rescan...IP will be a 198.x.x.x, change it, log into the unit, and
you're all set

-Charles