RE: [Karlnet] SNR at base?

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] SNR at base?
From: "John Maxwell" <john.maxwell@rockywave.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:39:57 -0700
The vertical sector change to horizontal will certainly help.  He have a
system with an 18dB amp and are seeing s/n ratios about 5-10dB and they
generally work.  It's not the best signal to noise ratio, but we see 10-15dB
change when we go horizontal.

One thing that you will find is that the front to back ratio on the TilTek
antenna is really bad...sometimes actually have gain off of the back of the
antenna!  Be aware of that.

The 19dBi patch antennas from YDI, however "light duty" do work quite well
and are very tight.  I have had good luck with them.  They work as well as
the PMANT21 grid antennas!