Re: [Karlnet] Strange retransmit problem

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Strange retransmit problem
From: Roger Boggs <rogerboggs@att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:16:41 -0500
Take that satellite offline and the world is okay again?
Go find out what that person is doing, and make them stop.

Are they running a server on their end?  I've not been following
this thread too closely - but that's readily apparent I guess.

At 02:05 PM 12/16/02 -0500, you wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Roger Boggs wrote:

> These are very good signal and noise figures.  If you are getting
> retransmission rates
> of more than 3 percent (transmits/retransmits x 100) and you see no
> indications of
> interference (where the noise level jumps up to significantly high levels
> approaching
> or exceeding the signal levels), then I would be inclined to start looking
> for problems
> with the installation or the equipment that does NOT include the radio
> card/firmware.
>
> Water/Moisture intrusion would be the first thing I would look for,
> followed shortly thereafter
> by broken or improperly assembled jumper cables.

Hello,

I get less than 0.5% retransmits in normal times...I believe this thread
has lost its meaning.  I am saying there is a condition where a normal
working setup suddenly becomes unstable and a single satellite hogs all
base station function for a number of minutes, and has 3000%
retransmissions during that time.  No other satellite recieves service
during that time.  After a number of minutes of total lockup, everything
comes back to normal.

That was my original email.

Chris

Roger Boggs