Re: [Karlnet] Strange retransmit problem

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Strange retransmit problem
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:45:02 -0500
Kevin Knuth wrote:
Chris,

I agree with your point about not needing to fix a constant situation.

I would be much more interested in Signal level in dBm as opposed to signal
to noise ratio.  And since the interference seems to be intermittent I am
wondering why you are having problems.  Have you noticed (I am too lazy on a
Sunday to go back and read this whole thread!) any issues on the ETHERNET
side of the unit?  AND, this particular client, any idea what kind of data
he is trying to move when the problems occur?  And do you use throttling?

Just curious.....I will have to have tech support work with you to really
try to find a solution.

Hello,

Here is the data for problem site #1:

Local (Base):

Signal: -65
Noise : -93

Remote (Satellite):

Signal: -64
Noise : -95

Problem Site #2:

Local (Base):

Signal: -64
Noise : -88

Remote (Satellite):

Signal: -66
Noise : -90

I don't see any particular ethernet problems on either one. I am throttling with 1024 on the Ethernet and 802.11 interfaces, however this problem occurs with little to no traffic at all. The data is simple Internet traffic, HTTP and SMTP/POP3 mostly.

Chris