RE: [Karlnet] Strange retransmit problem

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Strange retransmit problem
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 12:13:20 -0500 (EST)
> TurboCell tries to keep all satellites online and not lose packets.
>
> We could, theoretically, change TurboCell so that it does not wait for a
> satellite with problems such as noise, but moves on to others if it can't
> transmit in say 5 or 10 trials.

Hello,

I believe it would be a good idea.  This situation is quite difficult to
reproduce and only causes the mentioned problem for a short while.  Once
it "times-out" or whatever, all satellites resume proper connectivity,
including the one that caused the whole thing to begin with.  What is the
delay or timeout before it "moves-on"?

Thanks,

Chris