Re: [Karlnet] AP-1000 Factory Reset

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] AP-1000 Factory Reset
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:09:58 -0600
You want a factory reset?  Get the AP-1000 bin and put it on there....same
thing.

There is no magic "put the original FW back in memory" switch.

There is a bit of code on the flash that doesn't get erased when you hold
down the reset button.  That code is what boots up the AP and allows you to
put the running config/Firmware back on.

If you can't get to that point...better get another AP-1000.  When you reset
the AP and hit the forced reload...does the power light turn orange?  if you
can't get all the other light off and just the power light orange (with a
few occasional flashes on the Ethernet) then you are screwed.

You also might try disabling EVERY network interface on your laptop/pc and
only having the one interface active before trying to reload the bin.  I use
my laptop for this usually and have a wlan card and a built-in Ethernet.
Sometimes I have to disable the wlan card to get the upload working.

you also have to have a real IP address on the Ethernet card...not a
169.254.x.x address.  and 192 or 10 or real public address will work...I've
never been able to get the auto configure Microsoft address working.

-bob