RE: [Karlnet] RG ISP Base

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] RG ISP Base
From: "Mark Wauchope" <mark@ekiva.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:37:53 -0700
That has nothing to do with it.  A 486 running that lean of an OS can
support more than 8 subscribers easily.  KarlNet does not allow more
than 8 subscribers most likely so you will be required to get more
expensive hardware.  They must have some deal with Proxim so users will
be forced to upgrade to the AP-1000 if they want to support more
subscribers.  It is purely a marketing strategy.

--
Mark Wauchope, Director of Engineering, Kivanet Inc
776 East Second Avenue Suite 207 Durango, CO  81301