Re: [Karlnet] PPPoE over KN bridged network with filtering

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] PPPoE over KN bridged network with filtering
From: "Norm Young" <npyoung@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:18:27 -0800
Sergey,

I've found that if you pass all protocols under "Bridging" it will work.  It
will also work if you block all protocols but IP, IP-ARP, PPP, and 802.3
NetBUI.  For some strange reason, if you just allow all the previously
mentioned protocols, PPPoE does not work....

It's still not working great, I cannot "see" into the bridged network from
the wireless side---the AP hooked via the Ethernet to the RG-1100/SR-4000
w/bridging enabled, doesn't seem to like the RG, just looses communication
after a few minutes after boot up.  Meaning, you can't ping the AP---but
strangely enough, PPPoE seems to work!

Norm