[Karlnet] Help - Can a SEC client load Run WEPPlus?

Subject: [Karlnet] Help - Can a SEC client load Run WEPPlus?
From: "Ian Hastie-Linkit" <ian@linkit.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:38:35 +1200
Objective: to use an RG SEC as a client bridge to a WEPPlus enabled AP.

First steps on the bench is using the Silver cards and I will use GOld cards
once I know it works OK.

So I have just setup an RG SEC Client running (SR4500) with an Orinocco
Silver card
I set up an RG as an AP500 Access Point.
Both Silver cards were loaded with WSU10872 for the lastest WEP
drivers.(WEPPlus ready)

I can ping Wired side of the AP all the way down the the RG SEC IP address
but cannot ping anything beyond there on its wired side.
All are set to bridge on the same subnet, same network name, NO WEP enabled
at this stage.

I have;
- reinstalled the SEC load just in case, setting the card for 802.11b
wireless.
- The configurator monitor shows the port is forwarding and have a wired
client attached each
   side.
- Tested all cables end PC- end PC & all Link lights are on.
- RF LINK tests work OK Both ways, Client can see the AP and AP can see the
Client but no TCP/IP
  traffic passing.
- I cannot manage the AP from the SEClient wired side however yet it can see
the RF Link from the
  AP.
- I can manage the AP and SEClient RG's from the wired side of the AP.

I will take the Silver cards back to WSU8.10 and check it works as I have
other RG's working this way.

Anyone done this before? Anything I missed?

I suspect the Latest Prox/orinoco WSU isnt Karlnet compatible.

Regards
Ian Hastie
LINKIT
NEW ZEALAND