Re: [Karlnet] radio responding to two ip's

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] radio responding to two ip's
From: "Sam Deller - Airnet NZ" <sam.deller@airnet.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:13:44 +1200
Provided you are not bridging or routing and you are NAT'ing....

when changing you satellites' public IP you have to do it in 2 places:-

A) under IP Host
B) under outgoing NAT

if you only change one of these you'll encounter problems, yet for some
strange reason the thing can still sometimes appear to work !

Also make sure (even though in reality BOTH are really private IP's) that
your KN sat's 'public wireless IP' and 'Private internal IP' are on
completely different subnets.

We used to run several customers 'Public' IP as private for their own
requested security reasons. This is efectively 'double natting' - We have
another nat box as their gateway.