Re: [Karlnet] KN with externally controlled STP

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KN with externally controlled STP
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 07:43:36 -0500
http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/pdf/sr2400_manual.pdf
page 6

I'm not sure that the "learned table lockdown" will accomplish what you
need.  I'm not even close to a knowledgeable source on STP but from reading
through that paragraph in the manual....it doesn't look like it will make
the RG so dumb.  It still learns which interface the MAC is on...it just
won't switch it to another interface if it sees it elsewhere on the net.
Maybe I'm completely wrong.   I'm sure somebody here can explain it.