Re: [Karlnet] Ping Floods, DoS Attacks, etc. - Any Ideas

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Ping Floods, DoS Attacks, etc. - Any Ideas
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:33:28 -0500
Brett, I think you are doing things correctly with the routing.  I don't
believe the storm settings will help with ICMP or UDP overloading of the
network.  These virus's have taken down the networks of some VERY large
companies.  One thing I suppose you could do is if you determine that the
traffic is coming from a particular customer, you could create a MAC filter
to deny their traffic at the AP until they got the problem resolved.

I don't think that the alternative configurations that you suggested would
be of any help in these instances.

As any other service provider would do.....if a subscriber is taking down
the providers network, you simply isolate them until they get their stuff
fixed.

-bob