Re: [Karlnet] Flashrom Question

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Flashrom Question
From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@htonline.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:16:31 -0500
My reasoning for going Flashrom is that I am competing heavily with Cable
Modems and so I need to deliver as much speed as possible.  Throttling will
be turned off completely and handled at the NOC.

I plan to have upwards of 50 users per base (combination of residential and
corporate) and two or three of those will likely be micro-pops with upwards
of 10 users on them...so, I think I need to squeeze out every bit of
performance I possibly can.

Is the flashrom kernel as actively developed as the AP1000/WPBASE+ kernel?
Eg, do new releases like 4.43k come out as fast for flashrom as for the
other platforms?