RE: [Karlnet] The 5 GHz product

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] The 5 GHz product
From: "Kevin Knuth" <kknuth@karlnet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:04:38 -0500
This straight from engineering:

The Atheros chip set supports "Extended 802.11a tuning range: 4.900 -
5.850 GHz" (from their web sight).  We don't make the radios, but
Atheros has said that they support this range.  Doug Karl agrees.

So that should do it!  We should be in BETA with 5Ghz in the next few weeks,
and if tests go well we can pick an antenna and certify it!  Preliminary
tests- MEANING IN OUR OFFICE WITH NO LOSS AND NO TREES, etc, - we did better
than 27Mbps.

Kevin