Re: [Karlnet] Thermal Solutions

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Thermal Solutions
From: "Larry Yunker \(Cyber Broadcasting\)" <leyunker@cbcast.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:37:01 -0500
We found that running at a lower voltage helped with breakdowns.  We were
running one Karlnet board on a Hyperlink 48V-DC injector with 150ft of cat5.
The Karlnet board was locking on hot days.  We then dropped to a 24V-DC
power injector (CANOPY) and we haven't seen a lockup since we made the
switch.  Could have been a thermal thing... could have just been too much
power.

Larry