[Karlnet] AP-1000 Durability & Repair

Subject: [Karlnet] AP-1000 Durability & Repair
From: "Bill Fisher" <fisher@akorn.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 08:47:07 -0400
I've had two AP-1000's bite the dust in the numerous lightning storms we're
having this year.  I've got ethernet protection right at the device as well as
on the antenna connectors.  The last one seems to just be an ethernet port
issue.  It hangs on that port when booting.  The radios are working great.

1. Are these things just not robust for outdoor use in terms of lightning?

2. Does anyone fix these things for a price that makes sense to do so?  I think
I paid $199 for them, so it might be hard.

Thanks

Bill

PS:  Sorry for the Charles Wu e-mail to the list the other day.