Re: [Karlnet] AP-1000 Durability & Repair

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] AP-1000 Durability & Repair
From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@htonline.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 13:10:43 -0500
I have determined through the same experience you have had that these things
are just not up to the task of serious outdoor usage.

I fought a problem I thought was interference through 3 AP1000's on a tower
with 20 or so clients only to find that when I replaced the AP1000's with
one of the new Karlnet boards the problem went away.  I assume it was lack
of processor speed.

Also, if anyone in a five mile radius shuffles their feet on a wool rug they
are history.  I have three dead AP1000's from storms when a Hyperlink
mini-ror on the same tower with a 24db grid less than a foot away from the
omni attached to the AP1000 with the exact same protection survived all
three of them.

No more AP1000's for me!