RE: [Karlnet] Wireless Solution for 500 clients....

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Wireless Solution for 500 clients....
From: Marcelo Gimenez <marcelo@aeronetworks.com.br>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:20:08 -0000
Has also the Canopy... http://www.motorola.com/canopy
5.25 to 5.35 GHz and 5.725 to 5.825 GHz, TDD/TDMA,10 Mbps
"Operating Range Up to 2 miles with integrated antenna in the 5.2 GHz band.
Up to 10 miles with passive reflector in the 5.7 GHz band"
"Canopy? system throughput is optimized for heavy loading (see below:
Latency Control), so the throughput does not degrade as more subscribers are
added. The measurable throughput is 7.5 Mbps point-to-point, 6.2 Mbps
point-to-multipoint regardless of number of subscribers or average load"
"The Canopy? solution delivers consistent packet latency of 20 ms,
regardless of loading.
To support QoS VoIP an access system must have a mechanism to prioritize
VoIP packets as well as provide a consistent latency under any load"
"All Canopy? radios are tested at the factory to meet 3 dB carrier to
interference. The nominal C/I of Canopy radios, based on parametric testing
is ~2 dB.  This is the lowest in the industry and a key reason that the
Canopy platform is the most robust solution in the face of external
interference."

Somebody already tested?

Marcelo Gimenez
Aero Networks