Re: [Karlnet] 5 GHz 54 Mbit mini PCI and KN-200?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] 5 GHz 54 Mbit mini PCI and KN-200?
From: Paul Horak <paulhorak@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:34:11 -0700 (PDT)
I'm sure this will be supported one day, but I don't
think it is yet. Several months ago Karlnet had a bin
file that was going into beta 'in a couple of weeks'
that would have supported this - things have gone very
quiet since. Perhaps there were problems which have
yet to be resolved, perhaps they are just too busy
with everything else, perhaps the lack of PCMCIA cards
with antenna connectors scared them off. However, the
Atheros chipset in mini-pci format looks likely to be
the 5Ghz solution that will be supported eventually. I
for one will be very pleased to see it if it works as
well as the 2.4 Karlnet solution and gives me all
those extra channels to play with...

Cheers,

Paul

--- "Comne Work AB (Paul)" <paul@networksab.com>