Re: [Karlnet] 5 GHz 54 Mbit mini PCI and KN-200?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] 5 GHz 54 Mbit mini PCI and KN-200?
From: John Tully <tully@mikrotik.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:19:28 +0300
We have a nice board for APs and clients with the Atheros chipset -- called the RouterBOARD 230 (TM).

See www.routerboard.com

John
www.mikrotik.com

At 02:30 AM 10/16/2003, you wrote:
On the URL:
http://www.mikrotik.com/Documentation/mini_pci_abg_pigtail.pdf

They have a Wireless MiniPCI Card 802.11a+b+g

"This universal Multi-Band (2.4 GHz, 2.5-2.7 GHz, 5.2-5.8 GHz)
MiniPCI operates in any existing IEEE wireless standard. It minimizes
any potential confusion or incompatibilities caused by having three
separate wireless devices. The Multi-Band MiniPCI enables users
to build wide and high-speed networks with great amount of wireless
clients. The new IEEE 802.11g standard increases the data rate of
IEEE 802.11b networks from 11 Mbps to 54 Mbps. The 5G/AGP
includes miniPCI Wireless card and pigtail."

Tha card have the chpset Atheros AR5211, AR 5111 and AR 2111

In the KN-200 spec. I have read that it support Atheros AR5211.
On the KN200 backside there is a miniPCI conector. Does this work?

My question is.
Can I use this MiniPCI card from Microtik on tha KN-200 board?

If this work, many of our backbone problem are solved!
I then can use the 5 GHz band for the link and 2.4 GHz to the
costumers on the same time on the KN-200. With this solutions
it is possible to build inexpensive and fast backbones!

If not, is it possible to get support for this miniPCI card
and if when?